A few weeks ago Chairish (an exclusive curator approved, online marketplace for vintage furniture) contacted me to see if I’d be interested in designing a colorful room based around a chair, and it seemed like a fun challenge so I happily hopped on board.
First, if you’ve been around here long enough you know I have a deep love for chairs (check out my two tone chair redo, my herringbone chair redo, and my reupholstered chair update). Also, I have no rooms to start from scratch in sooooooo this seemed like a a good way to get that opportunity again too.
I chose to decorate using the Green High Back Tufted Broyhill Chairs and actually ended up with 2 separate boards because I found too much stuff to cram into one.
Here’s the first one (this is my first attempt at a design board, please be kind, :) ):
1. Capital Lighting Hutton 3 Light Chandelier from Wayfair: This light is ever so slightly gold tinted and I think plays really well off the chairs. They’re a classic design and not demanding, so it leaves room for other pieces to be the focal point.
2. Hounds by James Jean wall art: I am more then a little obsessed with this artist. I think this large piece would be awesome above a buffet and really pulls in the wall color and chair colors perfectly. Plus it’s super weird and awesome so it’d be a great talking point at the table.
3. Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore wall color: I mean really, is there another wall color right now? I don’t think so. Move over Radiant Orchid, because Hale Navy is a serious crowd pleaser and definitely a favorite in the design world right now.
4. Green High Back Tufted Broyhill Chairs via Chairsh: The inspiration for the whole room!
5-7: All Chairish finds that would be awesome together as a centerpiece. I picture the deer antlers flanking the round wood cutting board with glass dome (which would be filled with succulents). The brass letter holder adds some glam and could hold silverware or napkins.
8. Flokati Rug via Chairish: This one is a little small, but it’s a very popular style right now so it’d be easy to find an 8×10. I think something lush and light would work really well with the darker wall color and heaviness of some of the rest of the room.
Now you know I had to go ahead and add a little DIY to this room too!
- The table by Shanty 2 Chic is….wait for it…. only $125 for supplies! WOW. Check out the tutorial here.
- The DIY Card Catalog Cabinet by Decor and the Dog would be awesome in the corner of the room looking all chic and like it’s full of tiny little things, but then opening up to hold realistically sized supplies like table runners, servingware, etc.
What do you think? Is this a room you’d want in your house? What else would you add?