I’d like to start up/trial run a little series here titled What I Wore Wednesday, where each Wednesday I’ll post what I wore (if you couldn’t have guessed that from the title) and where it came from. I think fashion sense absolutely crosses over to decor style and it’ll be interesting to see how the two go together.
Several blogs I follow do something similar, which is where I got the idea. Cassie over at Hi Sugarplum! has a whole section of her blog dedicated to outfit inspirations – where she draws style from the environment around her. Kate over at The Small Things Blog has a keen eye for creating cute outfits that are affordable and realistic for everyday.
I chose Wednesday because it’s smack in the middle of the week, so chances are I’ll be in work clothes. Basically if I’m not in work clothes, I look like crap. I hate being fancy, I’m no good at being uncomfortable in my clothes, and really I just want to wear jeans and a t-shirt everyday. Right now I’m typing this blog in fleece pj’s and a hooded sweatshirt I’ve owned since high school. So when I say “Wednesday” I mean what I have on from 7:30am-3:30pm.
Anyways, here we go!
I class it up at work and manage to be pretty stylish most days. But there are several things that always hold true:
- I am forever in layers. I always have a tank top on under every single thing I wear. I don’t know why, I started in high school and I just never stopped. I also absolutely hate it when it’s so warm out that I can’t wear nylons anymore- I eventually succumb to it, but not without a fight.
- I will never wear a sleeveless shirt without something over it. This is partly because I have a shoulder tattoo and partly because in working at a college I am surrounded by students and want to set a good example of what is work appropriate for young professionals.
And here’s the run down on where it all came from, top to bottom:
- Necklace: Forever 21 (sometime in the past 2 years- thanks Amy!!)
- Black cardigan: New York & Company (sometime in the past 2 years)
- Cream top: Kohl’s (yesterday!)
- Black dress pants: Kohl’s (about 5 years ago)
- Ballet flats : Marshall’s (sometime in the past 2 years)
So what did you wear today? Do you post fashion on your blog? Let’s link up! Share your link in the comments or email email@example.com and I’ll add it to the post!