WELL first things first, I’ve got a new look going on here! What do you think? I designed the header and background myself. 🙂
And now for the goods:
As Mandi of Vintage Revivals, the mind behind the Fearlessly Finding Awesome challenge writes:
Fearlessly Finding Awesome is a club all about discovering your personal décor style not following everyone else’s. These posts are challenges that you can take to create magic in your home.
I love it! And I’m so on board! I’ve given FFA Challenges their own category, so if you want to look back at the first two just click the FFA link at the bottom of this post to catch up!
Challenge #3 is to pick a room I want to focus on, then build a plan and GO FOR IT. I have decided to work on the Master Bedroom, which based on the amount of complaints I have posted in regards my living room may be a surprise. However, this is the room I spend the most time in, so it really should be awesome. Right now my bedroom is perfectly ok- but “ok” just isn’t for me. My bedroom is collected, safe, and calming. There’s no zing! There’s no pizazz! I tried a daring comforter, but I panicked and I couldn’t make it work so I returned it. That was the right decision, because I absolutely love my new comforter set, but now I need to add some more uniqueness to the space.
Here’s what I’m loving right now:
The plus side:
- I love having a chair in my bedroom! It matches the chair in the sunroom just in case we ever want to move furniture around, but it fits great in the space and comes in very handy for shoe tying and purse piling.
- As I said before, I love my comforter. I’m a sucker for paisley’s
- I also really like the art in the room, so let’s take a look at that a little more closely too:
So what’s left to be done? Well!!
- The bureau needs to be painted, and the hinges need to be spray painted. I want it to be the same deep blue I have in the office to help tie in the spaces but also because I think it’ll turn something dull into more of a centerpiece.
- I think I may want to paint the inside of the tv stand- and I think this may be a great place to try my hand at stenciling.
- The brown curtains really need to be replaced with navy blue curtains
- And last, but most obvious, I need closet doors for crying out loud!