1. I am officially on V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N! No work for me until July 23rd! Last summer we took a trip to New Mexico that ended up being accidentally extended because of a hurricane and cancelled flights, but other than that I don’t believe I have ever had this much time off from work in my life. And I started working when I was 14. That’s 12 years without a full on-purpose week off .I have absolutely nowhere to go and I am super excited about it.
2. Tomorrow we are getting a temporary foster dog! It’s going to be an insane amount of work to manage 2 puppies and 3 cats, but it’s just for a week and I can’t wait. This week I have been busy setting up the crate (I promised Matt that this dog would sleep in a crate, unlike our dog who sleeps in between us all night long) and puppy-proofing the house. That means nothing is to be left out if you don’t want it chewed, we don’t know much about this fella other then he’s been living in a kennel and he’s a super stud muffin.
He’s coming to us from Lucky Lab Rescue and Adoption. They are based in Indiana and they run a transport to New England once a month; the adopters of this dog didn’t know the date of the transport and they had a vacation scheduled so this bugger needs a place to crash until next Saturday.
3. I have been busy crafting and organizing and baking for the super awesome baby shower that will be tomorrow. Normally I don’t get really into these things but um… I’m going to be an aunt! So this is a bit of a big deal. I’ll share some pictures next week because I don’t know who reads this and I don’t want to give anything away.
4. For the past few months my cat, Zsa Zsa, has been super sick and on different foods and medicines. It’s been a real bummer, she’s my first pet as a grown up and I got her in 2008 from the MSPCA so I’m pretty attached. Yesterday I submitted a sample for her third round of testing and at 8pm last night the vet called and said she’s all clear! We still have to watch her and she’ll most likely have issues with her diet permanently, but no more medicine and testing! Woot woo! And also, how awesome is it that my vet was still working at 8pm last night? That’s dedication right there, and why we drive an extra 20 minutes to go to their office instead of to one of the vets in our own town.
5. I ordered TWO $50 each Home Depot gift cards this week, so soon we will own a weed wacker! The first gift certificate I got using my credit card rewards, which is how we got our movie room tv stand as well. Then I remembered that in my last job I travelled like a mad woman and I had a ton of Holiday Inn reward points that have been sitting around for a year and a half, so I traded those in for a second! HOLLER.
Now tell me, what’s awesome for you this week? What are you looking forward to? Is your life as crazy filled with animals as mine?