All this week I’m going to be posting before and after photos of the house, so keep tuning in to see what a completely different place we live in now!
The kitchen is probably my favorite room in the house, and definitely the one we have done the most work to. I love how open it is, how the counter wraps around, and it’s new happy yellow color. But man oh man did it not start off that way. Let’s start from some close ups and work our way out:
What we did:
- Replaced old lighting with recessed lighting
- Replaced ceramic sink with a stainless steel sink
- Replaced shades with blinds
- Added a cellar door
- Took down wallpaper, primed, painted (even the ceiling)
- Created DIY wall art
- Bar stool redo (painted and reupholstered)
Still to do:
- Paint picture frame and wooden wall outlets white
- Sand and paint cellar door
- Finish sanding and painting ceiling (to hide where the old lighting was)
- Paint remaining window sill white (it’s the only one downstairs still original wood)
On the whole, I wish the cabinets were white or cream and not wood tone so they’d fit my personal style better but they’re in great shape and really sometimes if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Also, just because it’s not my style doesn’t mean it won’t be the next owner’s style so I’d rather just leave it be.
And while I’m at it, here’s two more after shots that didn’t match up with before’s but just give you another closer peek:
So what do you think? Have you done any kitchen work yet? How about DIY art? I’d love to see it!