The front entrance and living room really smacked me in the face the first time I toured the house because this is the area the day care was run out of and it was super filthy and cluttered. It smacked me in the face on move in day too because the floor was covered in dog poop and the heat vents had been peed on (by a dog? a human child? who knows!). It was this space that worried me most when I showed it to Matt.
Let’s start with the front entrance:
And now the actual living room:
And one extra “now” picture just for the fun of it:
What we did:
- Scrubbed, scrubbed, and scrubbed the floors and walls (thanks to my wonderful brother and sister-in-law)
- Primed and painted the walls and ceiling
- DIY wall art made from shutters and picture frames
- DIY accent table, spraypainted silver and glazed black
- Decorate and arrange furniture and additional accent pieces
What’s still to do:
This room has the least amount of direction. I definitely know I want a floor lamp and a cute storage box for the empty built in shelf, maybe a runner for behind the chairs, maybe a rug for the sitting area… nothing’s for sure. I am positive we won’t be redoing the floors because with 3 cats and a dog that’s nearly impossible and just not worth it, I also don’t think I’ll be buying a new couch because again-animal kingdom. I’m just going to work on this room as inspiration hits me.
Want to know where something came from? Or how it was made? Leave it in the comments!