I can confidently say that at this point I know what is in my guest room closet, which is an improvement because last week I could not confidently say that. It’s still not organized, but I’m getting there:
- I removed all the painting supplies I shoved in there while we were painting the second floor and put it where it belongs (in a different clustered pile somewhere else in the house)
- I opened the trunk and discovered it contains Halloween costumes, extra curtains, frames, an air mattress pump, and speaker wiring
- All of Matt’s VHS tapes (yes, VHS tapes) are contained in the boxes
- Burned movies are on spindles on the top shelf
- A cat bed is shoved in there somewhere
- Two short end tables from Walmart
Honestly I really don’t mind that it’s such a hodgepodge of things, it’s an extra closet so that’s what it’s for, but I’d like to give it some more order and make room for our laundry basket to fit in there as well.
My goal is to be able to come back on Monday and confidently say that it’s orderly and clean!
Edited to add: Not only did I get it clean, but I totally emptied it and turned it into a built in office space:
SEE THE HOW TO HERE!