I just have a quick little tip for you all today because honestly, I was far too busy having fun this weekend to craft. Matt & I went to my brother’s concert and then spent the rest of our time with him, his wife, and my sweet sweet nephew. Cuddling that baby was far more important then crafting. 🙂
So here’s the deal… we’re super Italian. We have a lot of hair. Our bathroom drain was clogging constantly.
Then about 6 months ago we were having people over and I didn’t have time to run out for Draino, so naturally I turned to Pinterest. I found a DIY Draino recipe and with just a little twist (because our clogs are intense) I got it to work. I waited 6 months to post it because I wanted to make sure it lasted.
You will need:
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- 1 skewer
- Boiling water
- Tap about 1/4 cup of baking soda into/on top of your drain. I didn’t measure it, but 1/4 is about right
- Pour 1 cup of white vinegar on top of it (again, didn’t actually measure it)
- Let it do it’s thang while you go and boil a whole teapot of water, which should take around 7-10 minutes
- Once the teapot is whistling bring it on over to your drain and slowly pour the entire thing in
- Use a skewer and gently push down into the drain (this particularly helps break up hair clogs)
That’s it! You’re done! We did this once about 6 months ago and then didn’t have a problem until I (whoopsie) cut my hair over the sink and didn’t wipe it up.
Hope this helps you!