Just last weekend one of the blogs I regularly read, This Vintage Grove posted a recipe for hot chocolate cookies, and I immediately pinned it. And then I immediately baked it because they sounded so delicious I just couldn’t wait.
Lately I’ve been cooking something I pinned once a week, but my goal has always just been once a month. Feel free to join me in putting our pins to use!
To make hot chocolate cookies you will need:
- 1/2 cup shortening (I wouldn’t recommend substituting this, you need the texture of it)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons hot chocolate mix (buy a marshmallow free mix!)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Use a hand mixer to stir together shortening, softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour and hot chocolate powder. Add to the butter/sugar mixture and combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for at least an hour
- After your dough has chilled, preheat oven to 350* and drop by rounded tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 8 minutes or until set up but the centers are still soft.
You can check out everything else I’ve baked and cooked from pins here, everything is moderately easy and absolutely delicious!