Here’s my top 5 goings-on for the week:
1. There has been steady development on the 5 Guys Burgers & Fries that is being built around the corner from me. I’m pretty sure it’ll be open any day now and it will be glorious. I pass it on the way to work everyday and peek in the windows each time- there’s tables and chairs this week!!
2. I started night job numero dos this week and so far so good, right now I’m just interviewing student employees and I’ll start training next week. My night job is at my alma mater- where I got my bachelor’s, and master’s, and worked at for 2.5 years, and met Matt at, and it’s like a mile and a half from my house. So basically it’s home to me and I’m happy to still have a connection with it.
3. We got a new microwave! We actually got it about a week ago but I was extremely intimidated by it. Now we’re BFF’s. It is a beast at 2 cubic feet but it has a pre-programmed butter softening button so that basically won me over. It’s this one if you’re interested in looking & Matt did tons and tons of research before deciding on it. Researching electronics of any kind makes his heart race with excitement.
4. Not only did I meet my $500 goal for the 4th Annual Walk for Tish, but I exceeded it. And then some. Currently the total raised is $710 and I am so humbled and thrilled with the generosity so many people have shown. This walk, and the home it raises money for, is extremely important to me. My aunt would be so happy that her daughter is being loved so well. If you haven’t donated yet, you still can, and if you have I thank you from the bottom to the top of my heart.
5. Today Matt & I have the day off of work. Two of our three cats have to go to the vet for the day and I am beyond nervous about it and so I knew I’d be useless at work. The upside of this is that Matt understands my particular brand of crazy and he took the day off to stay home and distract me. Somehow I ended up agreeing to go see G.I. Joe with him… so methinks he may have taken the day off for himself as much as he did it for me. haha.
How was your week?