If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you may have noticed I’ve been a little excited about my Vox Box and the products in it, so I thought I’d take a post to tell you what the heck a Vox Box is and why I’m so obsessed with it.
I am a member of Influenster.com (if you’d like an invite let me know). As part of that they sent me a box of products to test out and review- hooray! The theme of the box I got is “sugar ‘n spice.”
1. belVita Breakfast Biscuits: I ate these immediately, which is why I have no close up picture of them. But really, if you give me free food chances are it’ll be gone in under 5 minutes. They were really good, tasted similar to a graham cracker, and for being smallish were filling with my eggs and tea.
2. Nectresse: This is a sweetener with 0 calories that is all natural. It came with a little booklet to tell you what measurements to use when substituting it for sugar, which was really helpful. I cut up a bunch of strawberries, added a packet, and chowed down. It tasted exactly like sugar, so if you’re trying to be more healthy and organic conscious it’s definitely a good way to to.
3. Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer: This guy deserves an solo photo op.
I freaking love this stuff. I’ve gotten into the routine of taking a shower, spraying this on, then blow drying my hair & by the time my hair is dry this has been totally absorbed. It promises not to be oily or greasy and it really isn’t, it ends up feeling a little bit like you just put baby powder on.
It sprays on continuously, you don’t have to pump it, so you can just cover yourself head to toe then quickly rub it in and then you’re done. I have super super painful dry sky so normally I go more for a thick lotion then something this lightweight, but it did the trick and I was really impressed.
I definitely recommend this product, especially where summer is coming up because I think it’d be really good after a day at the beach.
Have I sold you on this yet? I hope so. Because they’re not even making me say amazing things about it. I just feel that deserves to have amazing things said.
4. Colgate Optic White Regimen: There were 3 Colgate products in the box that if used together claimed to whiten your teeth within 5 days.
I’ve used the mouthwash and toothpaste everyday since I got them and Matt’s been using the toothbrush (I have an electric one my dentist said I have to use). As for the mouthwash I think Matt said it best when he said “it feels like you’re gargling with electricity.” It is intense, it took me a few days to be able to gargle for the full minute. But after brushing and gargling it literally feels like you just left the dentist, it’s that thorough. And Matt says he loves the toothbrush too, that it has all sorts of textures and it’s really lightweight. I do believe our smiles are a bit brighter as well.
5. Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Towelettes: This was my most favorite product in the whole box. If I was to actually go out and buy one thing from the entire box, it would be these. I love them. I want to rub my face with these towels all day everyday and sing a song about them on a mountain top.
I work a regular day job and then I alternate between two night jobs, so in between job #1 and job #2 I’ve been wiping my face down with these and it feels ah-may-zing. Normally I’d be annoyed with something like this because it does wipe off some makeup, but holy god the tingly happiness that happens on your skin is so worth it. A box of 20 of these is only $6, so they’re pretty cheap for all the magnificent magic that they do.
So there you have it, my first product review post. Sorry it was so wordy, I had lots of things to say and was so excited to be a part of this. 🙂
I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.