It has been a long, long time since I’ve posted a recipe (you can see all of them here)- but I’ve been trying a whole lot of them so I really need to keep up. As usual, I do my recipe hunting on Pinterest and then adapt them to fit with the ingredients we like and have on hand… these generally means I eliminate all onions and add in all the Adobo!
I’m pretty sure I have never, in my life, eaten meatloaf. There’s just something about a slab of meat just sitting in front of me that makes the corners of my mouth curl. But I asked Matt to figure out something for dinner that didn’t involve a stop at the store and this is what he found.
Image taken from the original recipe (here) and altered, because this food is very difficult to take a non-gross picture of.
Here’s my version of the recipe…
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 & 1/4 cup bbq sauce (separated to be used in different steps)
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup milk (I use 2%)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup saltine crumbs, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350* and lightly grease a 5×9 pan
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except the brown sugar and bbq sauce
- Pack the brown sugar on the bottom then spread 1/2 cup of bbq sauce over it
- Heap the mixture over the bbq sauce, then spread the 1/4 cup additional bbq sauce on top
- Bake for an hour
You may want to use less BBQ sauce if you prefer your meatloaf dry, but I have a serious addiction to BBQ sauce so I loaded it on. Eaten in a sandwich this was DELICIOUS.
What recipes have you been trying lately?