Happy Friday, all! Instead of a round up of the 5 best things from this week, I thought I’d do a quick vacation must-have round up because we just got back from a week in New Orleans.
This was actually our first real vacation, and we’ve been together almost 5 years. WOAH. It was way overdue. We stayed from Sunday-Saturday and did about a zillion things a day.
As far as travel goes, these were my top 5 must haves:
- Comfy age-appropriate tops: Here’s the thing, I could have easily just worn an old t-shirt every day. I have a million of them. But I knew we’d be taking pictures and, ahem, getting drinks, and I just didn’t want to look like I was 14. So I bought some nice Mossimo sheer tanks at Target that I can also wear to work and it was super worthwhile to feel like a grown up out on vacation and look nice while still being comfortable.
- Victoria’s Secret Make Up Spray: New Orleans is hot. We were out from about 10am-11pm every day. I needed me a make up finisher and this was perfect– it’s actually the same one I used on my wedding day and I love it.
- Colgate Wisps: These little guys are the best for on-the-go tooth brushing, especially at the airport. It really helps to be able to brush your teeth when you’ve been sitting in an airport, eating airport food, during a day of travel.
- Denizen Cropped Jeans from Target: I am 5ft tall and have never, ever, ever found cropped pants that actually fit. Until now. These jeans were an awesome fit, had a comfortable stretch to them, and looked great. (Note: they fell about 3 inches lower on me then they do on the model above. Darn short legs!)
- Something different: I think vacation time is the perfect time to try something out of your comfort zone. You’re in a new place, with new people and you’ve got nothing to worry about. For me, it was red lipstick. I never, ever, ever wear lipstick because it intimidates me so while on vacation I put on a bold red lip every night before we went out. I loved it!
What are your vacation must haves? I’d love to know!