At the end of July I posted 4 tips for a healthier lifestyle, and I’m feeling like this time of year is a good time to check in again. It’s the time of year where all we want is heavy, warm, delicious comfort food (carbssss!)
I’m going to break this down into categories….
- I’ve lost 13 pounds since July 1st and still have about 5 or 6 to go. This is genuinely because I’ve been eating a lot better, both diet wise and portion wise, and I exercise 3-4 days a week.
- MyFitnessPal helped me figure out what 1200 calories a day actually looks like, and I tracked my food for about 2 months. Now, I get the picture and I don’t track nearly as often.
- Today I’m wearing a dress that didn’t fit me this time last year! Huzzah!
- Man, I hate exercising. I do. I always try to convince myself I like it, and then like a week later I’m way over it.
- I did the alpha round of T25 full out once (which is a 5 week/5 days a week program), but now my work schedule is a bit hectic so I’m repeating the alpha round again only 3-4 days a week instead of 5. It works and honestly, I feel stronger and look better.
- I exercise with my husband, because we motivate each other and T25 is only 25 minutes a day. If I was on my own, I probably wouldn’t do it.
I received a Victoria’s Secret Sports bra and cropped Knockout pants to review– and they are AWESOME. Seriously. If you know that you’re going to stick to an exercise routine it’s important to invest in gear that fits you right, makes you feel good, AND makes you look good. Victoria knows what’s going on.
Also, if you’ve never been to a store to have someone measure you, you should do that. I was way off. WAYYY OFFFF. And the sales associate’s were lovely, despite how awkward I was about it.
Overall health stuff:
- I’ve been getting allergy shots since January- once a week for 6 months, then worked my way down to once a month. My allergies were bad. This week I will stop taking my allergy pill (which I’ve been taking everyday for like, my entire life). In the spring I’ll stop taking my allergy nose spray (which I take everyday). I have about 5 years of shots left. It’s worth it.
- I buy good stuff to put on my skin. I don’t work 2 full time jobs for nothing, TREAT YO’ SELF! I love Origins eye cream and have been using Carbon Beauty plant oil (this one) on my whole face.
- I really try to eat natural organic food when I can. I mean, I ate a frozen pizza for dinner last night. But this morning I had homemade applesauce and my lunch today is a pita and some hummus and an apple… there’s a give and take there. Keep it realistic.
What are you doing to stay healthy these days? Any good tips? Or great success stories? I want to know it all!