Since the summer I’ve been sharing a few personal check in posts, and I thought what with the holidays that it may be a good time to give an update.
Fitness & Weight
- I have sort of plateaued at 14 pounds of weight loss (since June). I have about 5-6 more pounds to go, but seriously, now is not the time for that. My goal is to maintain my current weight loss throughout the holidays, then get back to trying to lose in January/February. BUT, for anyone, weight loss shouldn’t be the only goal! I want to be more fit and that’s more important then the number on the scale. So, my fitness goal is to run a 5k in April. It’s one my family fund raises for each year so it’s important to me and also doable.
- T25 has been a great fitness routine so far! My husband and I did 2 rounds of Alpha and now we’re moved up to Beta- which I think we will also do 2 rounds of. There’s a Gamma level as well, but I think I want to try something new (Piyo? Hip hop abs?). Really, I just want to run outside but it’s winter in New England so that’s not going to happen right now.
Health & Mind
- I’m still going strong with my allergy shots and I’m still feeling good about them! At this point I get them once a month (3 in total), and my arms usually hurt that evening and are a little tender the next day, but it’s no big deal.
- I overloaded this semester… and I write about time in semesters because I’m a full time college advisor and a part time faculty member. I agreed teach 3 classes this semester (in addition to my 40 hour/week full time position) because we needed/wanted the money, and that was too much. I need to scale back on the work and realize we are financially stable despite how much I want all our debt to be paid off right this second.
- Trying to give back in small ways has become more important to me. I have a harsh and sarcastic personality, but in my mind all I want to do is save animals and empower women. I don’t think it comes across that way in real life. Hmm. I need to figure something out for this.
Skin & Beauty
- As much as I tell everyone I stopped aging at 25, I didn’t. Ugh. Skincare is important, particularly because I have psoriasis. Winter is harsh and for some reasons my legs feel it the most. I’ve been using this Aveeno souffle on my legs every night after I shower, except on the nights when I shave my legs and then I use this ahhhh-mazing body oil by Farmhouse Fresh. I super recommend them (and those companies don’t know who I am, these are just products I use and recommend to you).
- I’m a big fan of all things Dickinson’s, so this witch hazel toner is also amazing on my face after my shower, and I haven’t had a break out in months. Bonus: my husband uses it too!
- I’m in desperate need of a new shampoo/conditioner combo that isn’t a million dollars, but isn’t super cheap either. Tresumme and Fructis just aren’t cutting it any more… any suggestions?
How are you keeping healthy lately? Got any programs to recommend? Shampoo/Conditioners I’m missing out on?