I posted this easy, creamy tomato soup recipe about 2 years ago and it has become an absolute staple at my house because it’s so easy and adaptable, so I thought I’d revisit it today with some more options of things to add in.
Food photographer I am not.
The bare bones of the recipe (for two people) is:
- 1 can of diced or stewed tomatoes (sometimes I buy the Italian seasoned can, sometimes I grab the diced green chiles style)
- 2 carrots diced (sometimes I just use a drained can of carrots for this one if I’m feeling lazy)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Seasonings to taste (basil, oregano, Adobo, salt, pepper, chili pepper… whatever)
Put all your ingredients together in the blender until mixed, then heat in the microwave and serve. SO EASY. SO QUICK. SO DELICIOUS.
I make this soup at least once a month, but it’s different every time. Here’s some other stuff I’ve thrown in:
- Half an avocado (makes it super creamy!)
- Shredded chicken
- Diced potatoes (again, from the can if I’m feeling lazy)
- Cheese! Mozzarella, parmesan, gruyere…
- Minced garlic
This easy, creamy tomato soup is so perfect for a cold winter night. What else would you add in?