We got hit with about 30 inches of snow yesterday, so I thought it would be a great time to share my snow ice cream recipe– it takes under 10 minutes to get together and is so so easy!
Fill a medium mixing bowl with:
- 5-6 cups loosely packed fresh, clean snow
- 1 cup milk (whole is best)
- 1/2 cup confectionary sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (I have a great homemade vanilla recipe here!)
Use a hand or stand mixer to combine it, it’ll become the consistency of frozen yogurt. Just take a taste and add more of any ingredients as desired (I had to add in more snow as I went), then transfer it into a freezer safe container and let is set for at least an hour.
PS- You know what’s hard? Taking pictures of something that melts.
It is SO GOOD! There’s a bazillion recipes out there, here’s some other things you can try:
- substitute the confectionary and brown sugar with white granulated sugar
- add in chocolate chips (or any other candy you like!)
- put a little hot chocolate powder in there!
- food coloring (I’m thinking pink on Valentine’s day would be adorable!)
Have you tried snow ice cream yet? What would you add in?