Today I turn 30. Or, as I prefer to say, I turn 25 for the 5th time. I am struggling with this age. My twenties were awesome, which makes it difficult for me to not stay in my twenties forever.
In the past 10 years I have:
…earned a Master’s degree (age 21)
…bought a house & started this blog (age 25)
…adopted a dog (age 25)
…married my stud muffin of a husband (age 27)
…gotten 2 nephews (and married into having 3 more nephews and a niece!)
…paid off my credit card debt (…twice. whoops)
…switched jobs (3 times! whew!), started a second job as an adjunct professor, and signed a contract to freelance for HGTV.com
A few months ago I was scrolling through my personal Tumblr page to grab graphics for a class I’m teaching and I stumbled on this post, from 2010, that I totally forgot about:
25 year old me decided a 13 before 13 list was good enough, and I thought I’d check back in on that now:
- Well I haven’t made a construction paper craft, but I have done a TON of construction paper crafts with my Silhouette so I think I’m covered (check out this owl themed baby shower with TONS of paper crafts)
- Uh yeahh, I’d say I bought a house. 😉
- I did not join big brother/big sister but I do donate to them almost monthly, and I work with an underprivileged population through my day job too.
- Definitely reduced my dependency on paper towels! Yay environmental awareness!
- Stay hamburg free? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
- Covered it up on Saturday- although I went with a rose instead of a marigold.
- Haven’t toured the finger lakes wineries, but I have toured like 5 other wineries so maybe let’s call this half covered. 🙂
- Thanks to my husband, I have seen all the Rambo movies.
- Haven’t visited that darn zoo yet and I’m still dying too!
- This summer we vacationed in the Bahamas. IT WAS BALLER. (and we’re planning a trip to London for 2017 too!)
- I’m glad I put “create,” because while I didn’t paint, I did turn a shower curtain into a canvas (here).
- Dyed my hair black a few summers ago. And I loved it! But my husband hated it, so I’ll stick to reds.
- No hot air balloons for me yet 😦
Soooo… 9ish out of 13 without me even remembering the list. Not too bad! But it still doesn’t make feel great about officially being in my 30s. ::insert scared face emoji here::