Spoiler Alert: We Still Have Not Moved

So this is now the third post in a row where I share that we have yet to move. I KNOW.

After three (!!!) extensions it turns out our buyers were not approved for their financing. Despite multiple confirmations from their team that they would be. How this was not discovered prior to the first closing date, or even by the second closing date, is something I have yet to wrap my head around. But it’s what happened so we’re all moving forward. I have moved through many, many emotions with this and have settled in a zone I call “hopeful disappointed-ness.” We have dropped these buyers (which in retrospect, we probably should have done 2 closings dates ago), re-listed our house, and explored new options. The house that we want is still on the market, so hopefully we can sell our home quickly enough to get back under contract with it- as that seller is, thankfully, still willing to work with us.

Our house has been back on the market for almost a week now and we’ve had about 8 showings, with more scheduled throughout this week and in to the weekend. I know all the downfalls of our home, but since I also know all the awesome of our home it hurts my heart a little when people pass over it. It’s such a lovely little house and I’m trying to remain optimistic that someone will buy it soon.

In the meantime, it’s still a very empty house and all of our belongings are currently sitting in a POD in our driveway. We’re working to slowly move some things out of the POD and in to our house (essentials like clothes and kitchenware), but we don’t want to  unpack too much since we’re still hoping to move within the next two months.

At this point, I think I’m going to take a bit of a leave of absence from this here blog. It’s such a bummer to come back week after week with no updates, no pictures, no progress. I can’t do house projects because our house is empty, and I can’t share plans because we’re in limbo, etc etc etc. So I’ll be back when I’ve got something more secure to share! 🙂



Still Waiting.

I don’t even know where to start with this post because it is such a bummer.

We were supposed to move May 31st. Then June 3rd. Then maybe June 10th. But currently, there is no closing date scheduled at all. We’ve gotten murmurs that maybe there will be a closing date scheduled for next week. :: le sigh ::

Everything on our end is ready to goooooo, and all the people working for us have been amazing, but our buyers are struggling to get their loan paperwork successfully completed. We can’t buy our new house until we sell our current house, so everyone’s waiting. And I’m not sure how much longer everyone is going to agree to wait for so please cross your fingers and toes, and pray to the new gods and the old, and say a novina, and leave an offering for Buddha, and generate good vibes— whatever it is you do, do it I beg of you. Because I am currently sleeping on a mattress on my floor and don’t have chairs or silverware or lamps or any of the stupid material things I’ve gotten so accustomed to. Also, we have like 4 outfits each because we packed the rest and barely any food because I have no idea how long we’re going to be in our house for.  All of our belongings are stored at friends houses, and my husband’s boss’ office, and inside a POD unit (which is sitting in the driveway of the house we don’t own, and has been there since May 29th).

I’m sure there’s a really good lesson on patience, or humility, or appreciation that I’m supposed to be learning right now. But I’m too stressed out to learn it and I super promise to reflect on this later so can I please move now? Thank you much.


So yeah, an update that there is no update but maybe there will be an update soon. 🙂 Thanks for hanging in there and stopping by even though I have no projects or pretty pictures to share!