I’m linking up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk to share my top 5 for the week, and I’ve got some awesome stuff to share. It’s been a good few days, but to be honest tonight and Sunday’s events are what I’m really super excited about.
1. Tonight is No Rest for the Wicked Funny, which is literally my favorite night in all of December. Yup, it even beats Christmas in my book. I look forward to it all year long. No Rest is a yearly event at the Improv Asylum where they perform improv comedy for 24 hours straight to raise money for charity. Tickets are $20 each and you can come and go as you please as many times as you want for the 24 hours… oh yeah, and you can buy beer buy the bucket and wine by the bottle and bring it into the show with you. It is A BLAST. Here’s me and Matt and our bestest friends there 2 years ago:
2. Sunday is SANTA PAWS which I also expect will be a blast. Durty Harry’s, a local pet shop, runs a fundraiser for Lucky Lab Rescue: $10 for your pooch’s picture with Santa, plus raffles and fun the whole time. I’ll be there volunteering so if you live in the area come on by! It’s going to be labrador puppy palooza… I’ll be the tiny Italian sitting in the middle of a sea of dogs smiling like mad. I promise I’m not crazy.
Here’s Harry himself, chillin with Santa Paws.
3. Completely due to linking up with Young House Love link party I’ve got a new record for most views in a day, and I’m totally basking in it. Thanks so much for stopping by, please stick around and say hi!! And while you’re at it, don’t forget to link on up with the DIY Action Squad party– all Young House Love inspired projects are welcome. One of our squad even got a feature by YHL themselves! Go Kenz!
4. I haven’t done much to deck the halls around here, but I did make a cute display of all my old school McDonald’s happy meal ornaments and I love walking in the door and seeing it everyday. Next year I think they’re going to get a mini tree all of their own.
5. When I was checking out my stats I noticed some traffic coming from CraigsList, and then when I clicked it I saw that someone had posted some chairs for sale and noted that they could be DIY’d to be better, and for an example to check out my chairs! How fun is that! Here’s a screen shot of the ad:
What’s in your top 5 for the week?
What has everybody been up to? What’s the hot gossip? Tell me everything. What have you guys been listening to? What are the cool jams? (Emma